Sunday, January 3, 2010

RS Announcements Week of 1/3/2010

Welcome to the NEW Glen Allen Relief Society Blog!
I'm happy to announce that we have a new "look" for our weekly announcements -- a new Relief Society Blog. Now instead of waiting to get an email from me each week, or hunt for it in your already over-filled inbox, you can go to: http://www.glenallenrs.blogspot.com/ at any time and find out what's new. I will still send you an email each Sunday telling you that it's been updated...and eventually, as I get better at this, I'll add a functionality so you can be automatically notified when I update it. KUDOS!!! and MANY thanks to Heather Orr (clap,clap,clap) for introducing me to the world of blogging. I can tell already that this is going to be fun! Thank you Heather for sharing your talents!

To see everything -- be sure to scroll up and down -- and read the sidebars where I'll have different items posted and links. Look each week for new items!


NEW 2010 Relief Society Manuals
If you haven't received your new Relief Society Manual for 2010 yet, please see Olivia Smith (that would be me), next Sunday, January 10th. You'll receive a perosnalized manual with reading schedule. Until then, see the link on the sidebar to find the lesson for this Sunday online.


NEW 2010 Theme for Glen Allen Relief Society
Robin McLean introduced our new Relief Society theme for 2010: Come Take Your Place...in Relief Society. Each first Sunday of the month we will review a characteristic of rightous women and learn about a sister in the Old Testament who exemplifies this virtue. We have also planned to make these shorter lessons to leave more time for the bearing of testimonies.

For January, we learned we are Women with Individual Worth and Esther of the Bible teaches us how one person can affect so many. Thru Esther's story, Robin illustrated that no matter the circumstances that befall us, we are still women with a divine heritage and of great worth. Whether we are single or married, divorced or widowed, with children or without...no matter our race or age, we find ourselves at home in Relief Scociety among a worldwide sisterhood of compassionate women striving to live better lives, increase our testimony of our savior, Jesus Christ, and return to live with our Father in Heaven.


First Enrichment Meeting of the Year
Wednesday, January 13th, 7 pm at the Monument Building -- a nursery will be provided. Come to this spiritual feast and learn how to seek and find divine direction in your life. Speakers will be: Christy Fiala, Erylynn Lansing and Patriarch Lynn Whyte.


January Newsletter
Sara has created the January newsletter which will be sent to you separately as a PDF file via email. Whitney Hinckle is our January Spotlight.

2 comments:

Tish Heflebower said...

I love the new blog. I think it's a terrific way to keep our sisters informed and connected.

Margie H said...

this new way of doing announcements and keeping updated is amazing. it is really good for those of us not in relief society each week. thanks for all your hard work!